The Aspen Lake Rake Patent Application No. 0724484.1
About Aspen Lake Rake
The "Aspen Lake Rake" is a revolutionary invention intended to supersede the "Rake on the rope". The rake is 28" with varying lengths of sectional handle. The rake has been successfully tested up to 100' long.
This rake is absolutely ideal for clearing areas of thick weed, thus encouraging fish to move in and forage for food on the bottom.
Standard 28" Rake Dimensions
Rake head width: 28 Inches
Handle length: 30 Feet
Dismantled length: 3 Feet
Weight: 8.5 lbs. / 3.85 Kilos
The advantages over its predecessor the "Rake on the Rope" are:
- The rake is pushed calmly and with ease over the surface of the water with no splashing, thus avoiding frightening the fish from your swim and also the neighbouring swims.
- The easing out of the rake head to its required position is almost completely effortless, although the retrieval of the loaded rake does require reasonable effort when loaded with weed.
- The positioning of the rake head on the lake bed is far more accurate in that it can be steered both as it is eased out across the surface of the water and again as it descends to the lake bed.
- When retrieved, the rake head is easily unloaded by simply lifting the weed from the top of the rake head to each side and by lifting the head by means of the centre tube.
- Because the rake is operated by a handle there is no rope to get caught around your legs. Also as you ease the rake out across the water there is no danger of hitting yourself or anybody else as is the danger with the "rake on the rope"
- If the rake should become snagged on a branch or an object on the lake bed it has the advantage of being able to be pushed and twisted to the left and right which in most cases will aid it's retrieval. Flexibility of the tines also aids retrieval when snagged.
- The rake is easily assembled (30 secs) and dismantled (30 secs), with no rope to become entangled.
- The rake will always land with the tines facing downwards unlike its predecessor which could land at any angle.
The rake is constructed mainly of lightweight aluminium and at 30' weighs less than 4 kilos, each 3' handle extension tube weighs only 200 grams.
The handle sections are fitted together by a push and clip system which means there are no threads to become damaged.
The tines are manufactured in spring steel which means that they will simply release if they get caught on a rock or similar object on the lake bed.
The rake has been strenuously tested in a lake that is 14' deep and solid with weed.
Following the simple instructions provided the rake has been proved indestructible and exceptionally efficient. However, in the event of someone proving us wrong and damaging the rake, every part is replaceable very easily and individually.
Standard 28" Rake: From £129
Post & Packing: £20
Additional 3' Extension tubes are £10 each.
Place an order
To pay by Cheque:
Send a cheque made payable to B & M Lewis, with your order, delivery address & phone number.
To pay by Credit Card:
Click here to view the Aspen Lake Rake range and buy online.
Save on P&P, visit us for a free demonstration. Collect your rake and save on P&P. Make sure you select 'Collect' as the delivery method.
Bob & Mary Lewis
11 Rixon Gate
Wiltshire SN6 6QW
Tel: 01285 861530
Fax: 01285 861530